Roasted veg

We found some nice butternut squash at Walmart.  So I decided to try a trick Ina Garten often uses. Roasted veggies starring squash of some kind. A lot of the time butternut squash.

6 medium Potatoes chopped in 1 inch cubes
3 cups each Squash and onions chopped in 2 inch cubes

Veggie oil, salt and pepper
1 tsp sugar

Spread veggies in a single layer on a cookie pan. Sprinkle oil, salt and pepper.  Mix together to coat evenly.

Sprinkle sugar lightly over the veggies.  It promotes browning.

Preheat oven to 400.  Roast 15 minutes.  Stir til brown side up. Roast another 15 minutes.

I diced a smoked turkey burger up and tossed them in with the veg just before serving.


Comments

Unknown said…
Looks totally awesome!!
Aunt Mercy said…


So glad you thinks JC! My brother thought so too.

I was really scared he wouldn't like the squash this way. I had only ever made it like sweet potatoes. Brown sugar and cinnamon.

Popular Posts