No more bread in bread pudding.

I had some pecan pound cake that was past its prime.  Loath to throw out cake of any kind I made bread pudding.

Pound cake pudding instead of bread pudding. That is a serious upgrade!


I know this looks more like a potato mushroom casserole but trust me it's not. I will never EVER make bread pudding with bread again!

Pound Cake Pudding

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

12 oz pound cake, diced to 1 inch dice.
    Save the crumbs generated while dicing cake. They go on top later
3 large egg yolks
4 tsp melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cream 
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 tsp salt
Crumbs for top.  If not enough crumbs left when dicing cake, reserve 10 pieces crumble on top.

Preheat oven to 350f.

Spread the cake in a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake until dried out. About 15 min.  Let cool to room temp.

Mix butter, sugar, salt and egg yolks until well incorporated. Then mix in milk and cream.

In a 1 quart casserole ( I used a 1 quart non stick pan.) soak the cake for 30 minutes.

Top with crumbs and bake 45 minutes.  Serve warm with ice cream.  I like caramel sauce on this too.

Yummster!






Comments

Popular Posts