Some nice in the middle of my doctor day

Yesterday was my doctor day. Oncologist in the morning and GI in the afternoon. In between I walked the dogs.

While I was out with the girls I ran into one of the maintenance men.  He is someone I see often and we chat.  We talk of our pets, our problems and our joys.

One of his joys is a life long love of music. He has played guitar all his life, written music almost as long,  and now he is teaching himself the violin.  He still plays and sings with several bands around.

We had been discussing a song of his at an earlier meeting. Yesterday I was walking the girls during his lunch break.

He lunches in his SUV near where he is working that day. Yesterday he was painting the rails and posts of our building.  When I came out with the girls he hopped out of his car guitar in tow.

He shared with me one of his original songs. It was beautiful.  The guitar, the vocal and the content all soulful and tender. I loved it. Trixie too! She sat at his feet.  Stareing, calm and content.


In the middle of the serenade my brother rolls up to take me to my next appointment.  I hated to stop the serenade so I didn't. When he finished told him how lovely it was.. and mentioned I had to go to doctor.

I would have loved to just keep listening. However he had work and I had doctors. I hope he serenades his girlfiend like that!

It was a lovely, lovely moment in an otherwise tiring day.

Comments

Popular Posts