A sick day surprise

In bed with the girlies watching The Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten, when the doorbell rang.  It was UPS with a present for me!  

Even in my fevered state I perked up, a little.  I recognized gifter of the present, Alice. Alice and I had worked together many MANY moons ago.  Several weeks ago she heard I was having some challenges and called to check in.

We caught up and dished the dirt.  Scary what the people we knew have been up to.  Sheesh! 

Before she hung up she asked if she could send anything to make things easier.  'No, I said, the brother takes good care of me.'  Alice persisted and I finally said ' The only thing is a little clock with a lighted dial.'  So I can see the time in the dark.  'I'm on it!' says she.  I was ok with that.  I thought she would pick up a cute little digital clock to send.  I should have known better.
 
I had forgotten all about it til this showed up to brighten my sick day.

Quietly elegant, it is a wooden clock. Carved around the face.  Each number is back lit with LEDs.  Thank you Alice!  I will think of you with every tick of the clock! 

Comments

Popular Posts