Summer soup. . . Refrigerated curry carrot.

Summer months practically demand refrigerated meals!  I have put that into action the last few days.

Curried carrot refrigerator soup

Curried carrot refrigerator soup.  But included in that type of meal are cream of celery, vysisous, (cold potato soup), even use our fresh grown tomatoes and cucumbers for gazpacho.

Even if I’m blowing my own horn this quick meal is so delish! So easy too. I’m at home 24-7-365 so I take the time to make it all from scratch.  But it can be made of frozen or canned carrots. I use leftover carrots a lot!  The ones that make the the best flavors is the oven roasted whole veggies.

Cold carrot soup

2 pounds of cooked carrots purΓ©e
2Tsp  brown sugar
Curry powder
3/4 cup cream or half&half
1 quart chicken broth

Stir together first four ingredients.  Then stir the chicken broth in slowly until you reach your perfect consistency.     OR.   You can refrigerate this mix and use it as a base in a pitcher.

Just pour the base un a chilled bowl, then thin to your preferred consistency.  Top with a dollop of sour cream.



Enjoy!






Comments

Popular Posts