Happy Doggies

Our doggies are completely into making sure their humans are happy and safe.   The safe part is mostly me.  Trixie and Lady are my brothers doggies.  That makes me Aunt Mercy

Trixie on the left, Lady on the right


The girls are very aware Charles is the strongest human ever.  He has to be since they believe he hung the Moon and Stars.  Of course he did.

As accurately, they have figured me out.  They understand, in such an uncanny way,  I am much more fragile than their dad.  Trixie especially is in tune with my health.  But Lady is no slouch either.

Over the years each has participated in saving my life. Literally. Trixie, from the very beginning, has know when I will have an “episode”.  She has developed a problem solving technique that helps identify the onset of trouble.  

Trixie monitors the time I spend active.  She understands that even my work a little rest a little techniques can become taxing.  When that happens Trixie makes it obvious I must go to bed. How?

No matter what Trixie climbs onto my chest and places her forehead on mine. Stares in my eyes until I concede.  I look at Charles and tell him,  ‘I’m being put to bed.’ He laughs and nods.  Of course he
figures it out before me.


Lady. Lady Lady! Lady and I are presidents of each other’s fan club.  Where I am Lady is.  Trixie as I mentioned, monitors me but Lady is always where I am. The only time Lady feels like she can allow even a room between us is when her dad is home.

It’s like Lady is on duty up until her dad steps over the the threshold.  After that she does her happy wiggle.  It starts in her tail and moves up her body. They go on a ‘wee’ walk.  And then Lady is off duty. 

Lady sleeps with me. Period. Full stop.  Thank goodness!  Twice in the last year Lady saved my life.

In my sleep I became aware Lady was jumping on my face. Insistently jumping on my face. I came to  instantly aware something was badly wrong.   I tried to stand. Bad move. I fell back in the bed.

My blood sugar had fallen to very very very dangerous levels.  I was able to address the problem before anything irreversible happened. Thank goodness. 

Today, the girlies have just cuddled up on either side of my leg. Then a couple happy sighs escaped from each of our doggies. They’re in one of their happy places.  The cuddle sigh is the mark of happy doggies in our house.




Thanks for reading!


Cuddle sigh y’all



Cuddle sigh, y’all!





Comments

Popular Posts