Bake on!

Hi friends.  I have been planning a baking day.  Mostly the usual, bread and rolls.



But I have a sweet tooth the size of grizzly. Much the same temperament too.  I have diabetes that raises its ugly head often.  So  my sweet tooth goes unfed. A lot. Lol.

 I make several low carb and zero sugar desserts.  For my brother to take to our folks when he goes to visit. They have some of the same restrictions I have. Since my grizzly bear sweet tooth has been on a sweet free diet I am anxious to add one of these to my upcoming baking day.

My mom and dad have been especially happy with three dishes.  My dads favorite is a simple blueberry refrigerator cheese cake. No flour, no added sugar.



Moms fave is a coconut anything. macaroon Or a cream pie.  Both are no added sugar, no flour, no fat.  Way too easy as well.  Three ingredients.  Egg whites, unsweetened coconut and Splenda.  My absolute fave is a brownie.  Yepper I said brownies.

These brownies are also flourless and sugarless.  Most people hearing about these recipes are not thrilled. I wasn’t either. Brownies with no flour and fake sugar no way.  That has to be a chocolate brick.

Surprisingly, all of these recipes are winners.  The cheese cake is made with a toasted pecan crust. There is lactose, milk sugar, in the cream cheese and sour cream. But the added liquids are all almond
 based. The blueberry topping I also make with Splenda.

The flourless brownies turnout fabulous! Fudge like in the middle and crispy around the edges. Jiminy stinkin cricket!  PS:  this also makes the best cookies.

Stills haven’t made up my mind. My grizzly tooth is screaming for them all.  You guys want to help me decide?  Comment your vote. You have 5 days to speak your mind.






Comments

Aunt Mercy said…
I would like anyone who reads this to comment on which dessert you like. Vote, vote, vote!

Popular Posts