Soup dinner

A week ago Jack Frost dropped his spare snow on us.  Now those of you who live in the northern parts of the US would call the 6 inches of snow and sub zero temps a walk in the park.  For us in eastern North Carolina those conditions bring everything to a screeching halt.


No driving, no deliveries. Businesses and schools closed.  Only main roads cleared. Side roads, treturous. 

Even the governor issued a warning advising us all to stay home. Walking and driving equally dangerous in the snow and ice.

The brother, Charles, had to work on.  He is a plumber by trade and a rash frozen pipes has had his phone ringing day and night.   Poor dude has been working over 12 hours a day since before the snowfall. 

We have been living off sandwiches.  So, a couple nights ago I made soup.  Smoked sausage and veggie soup and cheese biscuits.



I made a large batch of biscuits so I would have leftovers but we were all out by the next night.  White sharp cheddar in the biscuit dough must have made them irresistible!  Lol!

I scarfed up as many as I could!  My faves!


Charles loved it! I loved it! We ate it all! Yummster!







Comments

Popular Posts