Baking, YAHOO!

For the last few weeks I have been eating store bought white bread 🍞.  Bless Charles he makes sure I have what I need.  I was just too weak to bake.  So Charles brought me my favorite commercial bread.  Thanks Bro!

I am finding the commercial breads are no longer satisfying.  Even after a large sammie my stomach is still growling.  I think my system has adjusted to my home baked bread.  I use the best ingredients I can find, always. So when using my bread one sammie is more than enough.


Today I am making 2 loaves of white bread one seeded, one not.  I’m planning hamburger rolls too.


Here the rolls are. I bet you noticed. . The rolls are all different sizes.  I pushed my energy stores to their limit.  My brain must have blown a gasket! Rats!

I love burgers and sub sammies. The brothers burgers on my own rolls? Yummster!

With my conditions my doctors have pared down my menus to just proteins and white carbs! Because of my colon I can have no veggies or whole grain carbs. Fiber is a no no.  You will have noticed that I crave veggies so much that I will sometimes make “soft veggies” with my meals.  I will often have to pay horribly for these cravings. Even the soft veggies. Ugh!

But I try to make the protein the biggest part of my sammies at least twice the bread. The loaves all have something flavorful about them.  Seeds or cheese or herbs.  I love my dressing bread. You can dice it to make dressing. Or with sage and celery, onion and garlic powders flavoring the bread a turkey sammie tastes like a holiday meal!

I cut the bread on the thin side.  Then I add all the protein I can. Eggs, cheese and the grilled meat that Charles makes sure I have every week.  Have y’all figured out yet that the brother spoils me?  The guy is one of the best!

Comments

Popular Posts