Homemade Velveeta, really?

Several months ago I stumbled across a clone recipe for Velveeta.  Yes the orange processed cheese we all loved.  I was sooooo excited!  My own version of that creamy, melty cheese. Wonderful!  However life gets in the way.

Recently searching again for a simple, therapeutic cook I found this recipe again.  I got everything I needed together and started to cook.

In, I’d say, 20 minutes my first batch was cooling in the fridge.  I have a passion for Cabots Seriously Sharp White Cheddar so that was my flavor base.



OH MY GOODNESS!  This is as good as the original! Maybe better!

Next time I’ll try another flavor too. Any firm cheese will work.  I’m thinking an Italian blend. Mozzarella, provolone and parm will make my lasagna truly awesome!

This only takes 4 ingredients and a few moments to get this cheese firming in the fridge.  I bragged to Charles about my wonderful project.  It got his highest praise, ‘Man! That’s REAL good!’.

The brother has been using it as a spread on his cracker.  Just perfect!  As I write I am making myself hungry!  Here I come grilled cheese!  Yummster!






Comments

Popular Posts