Second best coffee cake

When I was still working we would do pot luck lunches.  I always had to bring my Memas coffee cake.  Almost everyone’s fave.  However several of the guys preferred another coffee cake. Apple walnut cinnamon coffee cake.


So I had to make that too.   That didn’t hurt my feelings.  I got to have some of both my favorite cakes on the same day. Always a good day.

This is a recipe I found in a magazine years ago.  They used red apples and I used Granny Smith. The spices they used were nutmeg and cloves but I chose the more traditional cinnamon.  The green apple stays firmer when cooked. Giving the cake the flavor and texture of an apple fritter.

I was craving that warm apple flavor so I made us one.  Yummster!  Hmmm I think I’ll go cut me a slice!


Comments

Popular Posts