Guess what I made

I know I have been away a few days, but I'm back now.  I'm in the kitchen too.  Guess what I made.  Then guess what I made with what I made!

I found a procedure for making real cultured sour cream. It takes 2 days, but no real effort.  The result is amazing!

Thick and rich. Just short of an actual solid. You can slice it with a butter knife.  So good!

Sour cream

1 pint heavy cream
5 Tbs cultured buttermilk

Stir buttermilk into the cream. Cover the container with paper towels secured with rubber bands. Leave the container on the counter for 24 hours.  At this time the mixture should be very thick but still liquid.

Cover this tightly and move to the fridge for 24 hours. Then it is ready to use in any recipe.  Or just to be eaten with a spoon. On that note. . .

I used this luscious stuff in a pecan sour cream pound cake.  The brother was VERY pleased.






Comments

Popular Posts