Sunday dinner

Sunday dinner in the south used to be a home cooked chicken dinner.  Fried, roasted or BBQ chicken and all the southern sides.  Mac and cheese, collard greens, green beans and taters, biscuits or rolls.  Not to mention dessert.  Pie, cake, cookies and ice cream.

Today the south is covered with buffets.  All you can eat $10.99.  Now don't misunderstand.  I LOVE a buffet.  (one of the things on my bucket list is to visit all the buffets in Las Vegas) It's easy for families.  Even singles can eat what they want for for a price that fits their budgets.

I just think the Sunday dinner I remember in Savannah, with both sets of grandparents, shouldn't go the way of the dodo.  That kind of family event is so scarce.  They build family and memories.

They don't have to be the whole extended family.  Even if it is only the souls that live under one roof, it benefits all who attend.

So, putting my money where my mouth is, this is todays Sunday dinner. 



Charles famous BBQ.  Warm, spicy and smokey.  It is some of the best you will ever have.

The sides are my area. Veggies and Bread.

Green beans and taters




Collars with bacon





Whole wheat dinner rolls


Dessert is Pear sorbet with Walnut-coconut Oatmeal Cookie


Charles and I often spend a quiet Sunday cooking together.  I have mentioned over and over how well we have learned to work together.

It has become something I think we both look forward to.



Comments

Popular Posts