pina colada body scrub

I try to keep my skin from drying out as the weather changes.  I use a moisturizing body scrub from the The Body Shop.  Great product but on my disability income I have to budget for it.  I forgot to budget it this time.  RATS!!

This demanded quick thinking!  I keep alot of the natural products they use in my kitchen.  I can make some myself.

I threw it all together and gave it a try.  Lovely!  I used all food grade products so it tastes good too.  LOL

For a base I used refined coconut oil, it is quickly absorbed by the body and doesn't leave you feeling greasy.  I also used a little olive oil.  

For the abrasive I used granulated white sugar but brown sugar will work too.

There was very little aroma to this so I added extracts to make it smell luscious.  I used coconut, almond and vanilla. 

I put it in an air tight, water tight container.  Lock and lock are my favorite storage containers.  They are made of PBA free plastic that won't break in the 
shower.

BODY SCRUB

3/4 cup refined coconut oil (Walmart carries it on the baking isle)
3 Tbs olive oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
5 drops each coconut and almond extract They are very strong so adjust as you like
1 tsp vanilla extract.

Soften coconut oil in the microwave for 10 or 15 seconds. Then mix in all other ingredients. 

Pour into container and let sit till coconut oil solidifies again  
      

 

Comments

Popular Posts