Luscious Hot Chocolate for diabetics

As many of you know I have a ginormous sweet tooth.  I also have type 2 diabetes.  

Today's craving is hot chocolate. I think I have come very close this time!  The recipe follows


Hot Chocolate

2 1/2 cups unsweetened and unflavored almond milk
2    cups Splenda
1/2 half cup cream optional 
1 Tbs coco powder (my favorite is King Arthur's Double Dutch)
 1 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
 1/2 tsp good vanilla
dash almond extract
pinch of salt

In a sauce pan warm almond milk, Splenda and cream.  

In  a microwave safe bowl nuke chocolate in 10 second intervals until melted. Stir coco powder into chocolate until smooth

Remove pan from heat and stir in extracts and coco blendWhisk until smooth.

(For those of us so inclined now would be the time to add bourbon;)

Keep Warm   

 
No Sugar.  No lactose.  High protein.  Less than 5 carbs per 8oz cup.
       

  

Comments

Popular Posts