Never rise sponge in the rain!

I started this thinking a little rain wouldn’t hurt sponge rising.  I was probably right. A little rain wouldn’t have hurt. the monsoon that descended on us last night, turned my dough into a swamp!

I was sooooo disappointed.  I almost gave up. Thinking about it I decided to give a shot.  I worked with bread flour until became a barely kneadable dough. I got out as many bubbles as I could. Rolled it up. Rose one more time. Baked 45 minutes. And this is what I got!

Surprise! It’s beautiful!


I haven’t cut it yet, that’s the best way to be sure it’s cooked all the way through.  This is such a beautiful bake, I know it’s completely done.

I can’t wait for this to cool! Hmmmmm, maybe I should make a basil purée. It’s so good on fresh bread!


Comments

Popular Posts