Butter Pecan cheese cake!

Still summer here.  The heats not too terrible but the humidity is keeping us damp and heavy feeling. I can’t change the weather but I can cool our tummies some.  Refrigerator cheese cake.  No bake dessert.

I made one of these simple cheese cakes yesterday.  I have been making refrigerated cheese cakes for more than 30 years.  The base is always the same only the flavorings change.  The flavor this time is.  . . butter Pecan!

For this I toasted and candied all the nuts. There are pecans in the crust, the filling and the topping.

Yummster!  I make the crust and the cream cheese base.  With half the base in the crust sprinkle in half the remaining candied pecans.  Then caramel sauce drizzled over the pecans.

Now the second half of the base is spread over the filling. Repeat again the pecans and caramel. Using a butter knife swirl the caramel and nuts in like marbling. Smooth the top and drizzle on more caramel sauce.  I put a ring of pecan halves around the edge.



Wow! That is almost as rich as it looks!




Comments

Popular Posts