Them bones

After a a few days dealing with a an infection that ended up in a day in the ER.  The toll on my energy levels was huge.

I’m finding I only have a few moments to get done what I want done before my body gives out. Then it’s back to bed.


Charles cooked us a beautiful turkey on Saturday. When he deboned the leftovers he asked if I wanted to make stock from the bones. Usually that’s a great big yes!  But I knew my body would not let me do such a long cook. So I told him not to bother with it.  That’s what I thought he had done.

But he told me later that he had saved the carcass. Wrapped it well and put it in the freezer. It will keep nicely this way until I recover.

That tickled me to no end. It broke my heart to throw away such a rich source of nutrition. The fact that the brother knew that and took care to make sure it was there when I was better is so touching.

Thanks Charles!


Comments

Popular Posts