family cables


A few weeks ago I mentioned that my paternal grandmother, Grandma Nettie and her mother Granny Stocks taught me to knit.

This week I have been using an unusual pattern they taught me.  I am not sure what it’s official name is but we always called it a Sidewinder cable.



I’m not sure you can see in this picture , but there is a winding cable that runs the length of the project.  So unnusual.  I haven’t seen anyone else use it.

The project was a coffee mug cozy.  It’s a quick knit.  Without much effort you can produce 2 a day.  The pattern only calls for 16 stitches. And one cable.  

The glass button is from a very old jacket.  I am not sure if the buttons are as old as the jacket but it’s just right for the cozy.



I think I can slip a few of these in between the chemo caps.  The sidewinder cable makes these so pretty. The 100% cotton makes them easy care.  Mostly they only need a quick rinse and laid out to dry.  In case of a catastrophe they can go into the washer.  

There are 2 button holes so it can be adjusted to different mugs.  Pretty and useful!








Comments

Popular Posts