Memory in the real

I haven't told you the whole story of the buffet butter rolls. I mentioned I used to LOVE these rolls.  There is more to it.

When I was first diagnosed 12-13 years ago I was living within steps of one of the best buffets. Their rolls were truly awesome! Mine are getting close. I would fill them with chicken salad from salad bar, as a snack before browsing the rest of the buffet.


I was at the restaurant almost everyday. The manager and the staff got to know me by name and the manager, Dave, and the senior staff would sit with me. I was often there alone.

When they figured out I was sick, they all noticed when I missed few days. Dave would make sure I was well enough to eat. After that he made sure I had plenty rolls and chicken salad. 


Chicken, celery, onions, dill pickles, crumbled bacon and walnuts. Mayo and mustard.


Spread that on a butter roll and I was so happy! Rita, the head server, made sure someone checked on me everyday. That also made me happy.

 Don't you love it when strangers act like friends. 

Comments

Popular Posts