Julia Sugarbaker moment, again


I hate being angry with  people I love!  It shows a lack of understanding and forgiveness on my part.  But angry I am.

I have a girl friend I have known forever,  She is sweet and kind with a huge heart.  I love her to death!

We talk infrequently so our gab fests are legendary. But she hangs on slights we have discussed time and again.  We even discuss what I am doing or planning to do with regards to her, so I don't offend again.

She doesn't even remember the conversations. She still carries the disappointment with her.

I feel I have done and said all I can.   Since she doesn't pay enough attention to remember we have talked about the offending things, she feels justified in blasting me over and over.

Just the fact that she can't pay enough attention to remember we spoke I find insulting and demeaning.  I know she is stressed from all directions, so I try not to let my temper get the better of me.

Still I am seething.  She recently blasted me for something we had discussed in detail.  I felt my temper might get the better of me so I just got off the phone as quickly as I could.  Feeling abused and angry I was in tears.

I have not talked to her since.  She has called more than once.  I don't want to be rude to her but I have had enough.  I am putting off talking to her because I am afraid I won't be able to control my own temper when she loses hers.

It would help loads if she just added 2 little words to her vocabulary.  'I'm sorry!'  She doesn't seem to understand this behavior is unacceptable.

Maybe I am making too much of this.  I will have to think on it some more.

Thanks for letting me rant!

Comments

Popular Posts