Great Sunday!

I love our neighbors!  Yesterday our neighbor from Venezuela and I traded comfort food lessons.  She taught me to make cochito. (Excuse the spelling!) I taught her to to make buttermilk biscuits.

At her request I won't use her name or her picture, so lets call her Zelda. Zelda has shared cochitos with us several times. They are a yeast pastry stuffed with  ham, bacon and cheese. Delicious! So glad Zela shared!

The dough is rolled into a circle. Then cut into eight wedges. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling, minced ham, bacon and cheese, in the wide end of the dough wedge.  Now just roll up like a crescent roll. Glaze and bake!

The glaze was a new one to me. One egg and Mexican sugar. Zelda called it papalon ( again i hope i am spelling it right!)

Glazing this way gives the pastry a little sweetness that is great with the pork filling. Bake these

at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.  Turn half way through baking time.  This is what you get!  Yummy!



Comments

Popular Posts