Beautiful Saturday night dinner

This is the first Saturday in ages we have had the energy to sit down to a a family dinner!  Charles’s smoked chicken! My stewed tomatoes with mash and green beans in butter sauce.

I love a pretty table.  It doesn’t impress the brother much but the food keeps him at the table. Lol!


Good old southern food will do that to a South Georgia boy. His chicken is second to none.  My sides aren’t too bad either..  if I do say so myself! Lol!





This is one of the things that warms me to my heart.  I can remember sitting with either side of the family. Just scarfing down southern staples.

I thought I was gonna loose my good old girl card though. It literally took my 50 years to get biscuits figured out.   Little white hockey pucks.  If I had thought to add black food die I could’ve sold em to the NHL.

The secret? Don’t over kneed them. Just work them by hand until it holds together! Not an instant more.  These are my square biscuits.  They go well with sausage and eggs!




Comments

Popular Posts