You were missed



The. Brother has been out of town on family business. He returned home to the great pleasure of his dogs.

Charles put the key in the lock, a sound Trixie and Lady are very familiar with, the girls both seemed to levitate of the couch.  With their legs already going doggies hit the floor running.  Talk about zoomies!

When L&T saw him they slowed way down! I heard the brother wonder out loud if they had forgotten him.  Trust me they had not.




I think what stalled them in the hall was, they weren’t sure it was really him. Soon there were whimpers and dancing!

Trixie and Lady soon calmed.  My bed is in the warmest part of the house so the girlies were in bed with me.  (I should say the dogs allowed me to be in bed with them. Semantics, right?).  Every few minutes Trixie got up. Not to go out but to peep around the corner and be sure her dad was really back. Really not a dream?

Once or twice Trixie got me up too. She led me to believe that she was desperate to go out.  Liar, liar, pants on fire!  All Trixie wanted was to be sure I knew her dad was home. Can anyone say ‘Daddy’s girl’?

Now that Trixie has assured herself that Charles, her dad, was really home and I was properly informed of that fact, we are all cuddled back in bed.  I think we will all sleep better tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts