8 months ago

No I’m not gonna announce a pregnancy. Don’t even think it! But a little more than 8 months ago I replanted a tragic looking snake plant.  Actually not much of it was salvageable.  I took what I could and moved it to a long pot.


A truly sad sight. But I had a few hopes for the transplants with roots.  The ones I was trying to root as I replant had no hope.  I was already planning their reuse as mulch!


It has improved greatly in the past few months.  The longest spears ate over 2 feet long. They are also doing something I have never heard of before.  It’s putting on a runner then a plant grows from the end of that runner.  I have seen the snake plant separated individual sections and replanted.  Even a broken or cut leaf can be inserted in the soil and they will root themselves.  But never multiplying via a runner. Who knew!?!?



Comments

Popular Posts