Good biscuits better

For decades I made big white hockey pucks that I tried to pass off as biscuits. I discovered it wasn’t really the recipe, it was my technique. Several errors had creeped into my biscuits.

I was using the food processor to cut in the butter and mix the dough. All that power quickly over worked the dough. Resulting in tough biscuits.

Plus my ingredients are way to warm.  I keep butter in the freezer to make thes biscuits and pie dough.  A couple hours before baking grate the frozen butter into a bowl with flour for your recipe.  Yep grate the butter.  It gives you an even sizing and distribution of the fat. After tenderly tossing the butter through the flour put the whole bowl in the freezer until it’s time to bake.

When ready add buttermilk. carefully and quickly  shape the biscuits and bake in a hot oven. 475 degrees hot. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.

Golden brown and delicious!



Steak biscuits. Great any time of day! Yummster!

Comments

Popular Posts