Baking for mental health

I’m sure y’all have noticed by the very few posts that have made their way to you, that I am having a depression crisis.  Fortunately dear friends and loved family have helped a lot.  Still one thing that helps too and
is always in my home 24/7. Baking.

Some people sing to destress, some paint , some fish or read a treasured book. . . Again.  I bake. So, even if I felt it was physically and emotionally beyond me, I pushed on.

I bake every few weeks for my own use.  I need to bake my own breads.



I am on two conflicting diets. One doctor put me on a high protein and white carbohydrates.  That’s right dear reader a doctor actually put me on meat and potatoes. GI doc for my colitis.  Now I also have diabetes.  The doctor I see for my ‘sugar’ was horrified.  I was told by no means was I to keep doing that. I was to eat nothing but fiber, fiber, fiber and protein.

With each doctor equally perturbed I am currently try to treat whichever problem needs the most attention. So I bake.



When I really get going there is plenty to spare. The ladies in the rental office are fond of my sweets coffee cake, pound cake and such. So that’s what they get.







Apple pecan coffee cake.  The next one is a lemon pound cake.


While turning out this kind of food lifts my spirits a great deal. The real joy comes from the smiles 
I get when I share. One sweet neighbor gave me a thank you card an even sweeter note.  She said  had to hide it from her son or she wouldn’t get any! Hahaha!
She also tucked a five dollar bill inside.  To help pay for more flour she said.









  










Comments

Popular Posts