McDonalds at home

Recently I have become addicted to McDonalds fruity breakfast items.  The yogurt parfait and the smoothies.

Don't get me wrong I still love, love, LOVE their bacon egg and cheese biscuits.  Goooood!  But for less than the nutritional cost of one of the biscuits (never mind the hash browns) I can have both the parfait and a small smoothie!

I got up craving a fruity breakfast.  But my legs were not up to the ride so I decided to clone the smoothie from McD.  Check it out!

 

I am not sure of the ingredients in McDs strawberry banana smoothie here's what's in mine.

1 cup cashew milk 
1 ripe banana 🍌 
1 cup frozen strawberries 
2 tablespoons Splenda 

Just blend until smooth.  If the smoothie is not thick enough, blend in some ice or more frozen strawberries.  Man this is good!

I use a few different things for my smoothie.  For one I use cashew milk for most of  my dairy.  It brings my lactose intake way, way down.  The cashew milk is much creamier than other nut milks.
 For me it even works nicely in my cereal.

I use Splenda instead of sugar or honey.  This way the only sugar comes from the fruit itself.  

I keep a jar of Splenda with the seed pods from the vanilla beans I use in my baking.  Once I have removed the the seeds or 'caviar' from the pods I split the pod in half.  I use one half to flavor the bottle of Splenda and the other half to flavor a bottle of Vodka.  As I add each used pod the these jars the flavor increases.  

I end up with a jar of great coffee sweetener and an awesome bottle of vanilla extract.   






Comments

Popular Posts