Craving Satisfied!

For months I have been craving blueberry pancakes.  Recently, I have been unable to make my own pancakes or get to my favorite pancake restaurant, Cracker Barrel.

This morning I got up feeling well enough to make my best blueberry pancakes.  So I did!


The only problem with satisfying a craving is the object of your craving doesn't last very long. You inhale the aroma and the long desired items vanish in a blurr of silverware. No savoring, no real long lasting enjoyment.  


Oh well, there are more to savor.  🥞  Yummster!

TIPS:  #1. Buttermilk pancakes require double acting baking powder and baking soda.  Once the batter is gently mixed it must be cooked QUICKLY.  These leavenings do not stay active once they are mixed with liquids.  If you don't have a griddle use multiple frying pans.  With this method i can make four pancakes at a time.  

#2. I use cake flour. It rises better and sets better. All purpose flour is just to heavy to my mind.

#3.  I use a 1/2 cup measure to make a lareger disc.  A 1/4 cup for the smaller ones.

#4.  I think most importantly don't put the berries in the batter!  Sprinkle them on each pancake immediately after pouring in the pan.

#5. Lastly, when using one of the new non stick pans NEVER EVER use cooking spray on those pans.  Use a light coat of butter or oil.  The sprays will ruin the non stick coating.  

Ok all,  Have some great pancakes!



Comments

Popular Posts