Pot roast for dinner.

The brother is my grill master and I LOVE it.  But every once and a while I like to get my hand back in the game. It was one of those nights.

Pot roast with onions and rice & gravy.



I love a good pot roast. This recipe is dead easy.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Pat dry and salt both sides of a 4 pound chuck roast 
Set it aside to rest 30 minutes.
While the roast is resting peel and half 3 onions. 
Brown the halved onions in a pot large enough to hold the roast.
Add 1 quart of beef stock to pot
Then wipe away any excess salt from the chuck roast.
Add chuck roast to pot with the stock and onions
Cover pot and move to preheated oven. 
Leave it UNTOUCHED for 3 hours

Remove the roast and onions to a platter to rest 15 minutes.
Make gravy with remaining liquid
serve with rice or potatoes

tender and moist it is luscious!





Comments

Popular Posts