Quick bread and butter pickles

I LOVE bread and butter pickles.  Just straight out of the jar.  I don't use them any other way.  I just can't get enough.

The sugar free Mt Olive makes are fabu! They come in a small jar and are gone way too soon.  Now I make my own.



In a reaction free pot (Stainless steel or enameled pots are best) mix:

2 cups water
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbs McCormick's pickling spice
1 1/2 cups Splenda
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper

Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.  Set aside to cool 45 minutes

While brine is cooling slice 2 large English cucumbers into 1/4 inch slices and place them into in a quart sized air tight bowl. 



When cooled pour brine over the cuke slices until all slices are covered.  Top with air tight lid and chill.  Chill at least several hours.  Over night is best.

Enjoy.




Comments

Popular Posts