The Show Time Rotisserie

We have all seen the late night infomercial.  Ron Popeil hawking his fabulous rotisserie.  Have you ever wondered if it actually works?  Yes, yes it does!

You may have figured out by now that I fell victim to late night advertising. I ordered a Show Time Rotisserie.  

Used and abused
It was the early nineties.  I was working between 60 and 70 hours a week  Not to mention catering on the side.  Cooking for myself was LOW on my list of things to do.

The rotisserie seemed a quick and efficient way to bring a meal together.  Besides there was a money back guarantee

Perfect 7 pounder in under 90 minutes
I stuck a chicken in it.  I 'set it and forget it'.  What came out was a perfectly juicy, perfectly crispy roast chicken.  I was hooked.

It worked last night like it did the first night, twenty some years ago.

Comments

Popular Posts