It's Here!!

Step one
My mushroom kit has arrived!!! YEE HAW!!!  Jasmine and the gang at Back to The Roots have made my mushroom dreams come true!


There are just a few steps to this garden.  Step one: cut a cross in the plastic covering and soak it for 12 hours. 

Tip:  Be sure to cut through the mycelium (the white stuff) and into the coffee grounds. Also weight the garden down so it is submerged.  This helps the water absorption.

 This will saturate the growing medium and activate the spores.  My kit arrive at 4:pm today.  Yes, I plan to get up at 4:am to move on to step 2.  (You don't have to do it this way but I couldn't wait til morning)

Step 2:  return the prepared bag to its container.  Place near a window but out of direct sunlight.

Step 3:  mist daily, mister included, for 10 to 14 days

Step 4:  use our own home grown oyster mushrooms in all your cooking.

disclaimer:  As the brother still thinks all mushrooms are a plague upon the earth, I have promised, in writing, never to put them in his food.  More for me!

Comments

Popular Posts