Black Magic cake revisited

After spending a whole weekend with the BMC (black magic cake), I find I may have judged it to hastily.  So what else is new?

When I first tasted it I found the chocolate flavor under developed.  The next day I had a wholly different opinion.  The flavor blossomed as it aged.

I will be making it again and again.  So the recipe follows.

Black Magic Cake

Batter:
1 3/4 cups AP flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs 
1 cup strong cooled coffee
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 tsp good vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees for at least half an hour.


Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Mix in all wet ingredients.  Beat on medium for 2 minutes.  BATTER WILL BE VERY THIN!  Pour into prepared pans.


Grease pans and dust with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.  It will prevent the white streaks that floured pans can leave on chocolate cakes.


For a 9x13 inch pan bake 35 to 40 minutes.  For 2 nine inch pans bake 30 to 35 minutes. 


Cakes will be done when a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool completely before frosting.


Chocolate frosting


1/2 cup butter softened
2 oz unsweetened chocolate melted  and cooled.
3 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp milk
2 tsp good vanilla extract

Whip ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.

Frost cooled cake.

Eat lots!

P. S. I still think the frosting recipe needs to be doubled.  However that may be my sweet tooth talking.

This recipe was found on justapinchrecipeclub.com



Comments

Popular Posts