Since my brain had its problem...

I keep a few different things in my bag these days. Since my stroke I'm trying to keep my mind active. I've been painting as I've mentioned. There is a very small sketch pad in my daily bag. I figured it was a waste of time. 

For years I haven't been anywhere but to the doctor or hospital. Not even a trip to the grocery. But I kept a few creative things.

 Watercolor brushes and watercolor pencils to brighten my days. These days it's painting. A tiny sketch pad to go with the colorful items. 

Recently there was an older man waiting in the lobby of a large hospital. He balanced a tall gavinized container of flowers in his lap. They looked like he just picked them. I asked if they were for his wife. He said she grew them. He hoped they would make her feel better. The nurse called me in and I never saw him again. But those flowers stayed in my mind.  

Maybe the kindness those pink and red flowers represented what brightened me up. Pink roses, red Gerber daisies and deep burgundy tulips. A bunch of greenery I couldn't identify. 

Later I wondered if she had a green house. I don't think they all grow at the same time. I may be wrong about that though. 

Aunt Mercy out





Comments

Popular Posts