New flavor in my pate’.

In years I have developed a pate’ recipe that I like. Last night I discovered a flavor that gives this recipe new level. Bourbon exactly, replacing sherry or brandy.



I make my pate’ simply.

onions, garlic sautéed
crispy bacon.
1 splash of cream (to start! Hee! Hee! Hee!)
 2 jiggers of Jim Beam Black
1 pound chicken livers sautéed
1 1/2 tsp sage leaves
1 1/2 tsp salt, course kosher

Grind up in food processor.  Continue to whip until the texture you like best is reached.  I like mine just a little chunky.  Refrigerate until firm.  Serve with crudités, toast points or my favorite. . . 🥨 pretzels.

Now if you don’t enjoy liver this is not for you. If you do. . . It is rich, creamy and earthy.  Every once in a while I will add a little heat. Jalapeños or cayenne.  Either way it’s luscious!!

I hope you enjoy!

Aunt Mercy out!





Comments

Popular Posts