Arthritis has attacked our little Queen!

Y’all know our little queen, Trixie. She is almost 100 in dog years.  The years are starting to show,  The white fur on her muzzle is your first clue to her age.



The little queen has been dealing with cataracts and pancreatitis for a long time.  Now the arthritis is attacking her back and hips.

I first noticed toward the end of the day Trixie would move more gingerly. You could actually see the pain in her movements. Then Trixie-girl had trouble jumping onto the bed.  Even now the evenings are too painful to try.  I started giving our little queen a lift onto the the bed.  Theses days Trixie just comes to the side of the bed and waits to be lifted.

Once in the bed she looks for the warmest place.  That’s easy. . . Little queen cuddles up as close as can to me. I generate heat in my sleep.  The warmth of my body seems to comfort hers.

Her highness has a heated bed in Charles’s room.  She can spend a lot a time in there but, eventually, she has to check on her serfs.

I am currently researching the options for her.  You see things like co1Q10 and the like all over the TV.  Let you know what we decide.

Aunt Mercy


PS:  I ordered Cosequin for our little royals.  They have only been taking it 2 days.  I hope by this time next week we will see at least some improvements.  I will keep you posted!


Comments

Popular Posts