The last bite.




This is the last bite of the continuing saga of my second attempt to cook brisket.  Now I am not the grill master in the family but I am a good cook.  

I put this piece of brisket in the slow cooker. At least I tried to. I loaded the crock and set it on low. I thought I did. 

Late afternoon I checked on the crock pot but it was cold. . . I forgot to to plug it in.  

Aaarrrrrggggg!!  Too late to start cooking now. I had to put the meat, crock and all, in the fridge. Rats!  

Next morning, once again I set up the crock pot.  Yes this time I did remember to plug it in. I even remembered to turn it on.  That evening the veg and meat were tender and tasty. 

I made a gravy to go with it. I will brag about the gravy just a bit. I have recently discovered tapioca makes a very velvety gravy. Used in a slurry like corn starch.  A transparent gravy that reminds me of certain Asian sauces.

Despite all the mistakes and delays the brisket was tender and juicy. Not bad for only my second attempt at a brisket! 


Comments

Popular Posts