Heroes in my home

Over the years my brother has been my hero over and over again.  Lady and Trixie also have been heroes time and again.

This morning the hero of the day was Trixie. Unlike her dad and sister her heroism has mostly been in the form of mental salvation. Until today.

                                            Trixie is still on watch.

After a nasty, painful weekend and a worse night I decided to sleep in. Trixie wasn’t having it.  

About 8:AM the Queen of our home, Trixie began insisting my rest was over.  Scratching, crying, jumping and other aggravating techniques woke me and got me moving. 

When I stood my head swam, my knees buckled and I fell back onto to the bed. Hard.  I knew my blood sugar numbers were off, badly.  My head cleared some and I ignored the initial symptoms and began to dress and such.  Again Trixie was not having it. Pushing me from the rear and crying. 

When I got around to testing my sugar I knew what the fuss was about.  My sugar had crashed.  Down to a very scary 30 points. If our our little Trixie had not been there to get me moving something very unfortunate might have happened.

Queen Trixie. . . Gotta love her!


Comments

jobabs said…
It's amazing to me how intuitive animals can be and I am so glad Trixie was on the watch for you today. She saved my sister so she is a very big hero to me.
Aunt Mercy said…
Thanks jobabs. So thankful too!

Popular Posts