Poor Lady


Two days ago Lady and I had a bad moment.  I went to pass her harness under her chest. . . I think I scared her. Maybe she thought I was someone else or something else that had her.  She whipped around and had my arm. She didn’t bite down . As soon as I squealed Ladylet me go. No harm done though.



Instantly Lady realized her mistake.  She whipped back around and apologized. Her legs where wrapped around my leg. Her head was buried in my knee. The crying was pitiful.  My poor boo boo!

My first thought was I hurt her some way.  She let me check her out from stem to stern. But nothing was painful.  I’m pretty sure I just scared her.

For two days she has been my shadow.  I can see in her face Lady still begs for forgiveness. I am
trying to reassure her that she didn’t hurt me.  She needs reassurance even now.

Lady was adopted from a shelter. Poor baby wasn’t a year old quite yet.  And she had been picked up on the street.  We unsure if she was born on the street or just abandoned.  In any case she has been skiddish from day one.  If I drop anything Lady is three rooms away before it hits the ground. Anytime she beats feet Lady always comes back to check on me.  Good Ladybug.

Knowing all this I’ll have to be much more diligent handling her from now on.  I never want Lady to be that frightened in her own home again. She is a sweet loving rattie that brightens my life everyday.




Comments

Popular Posts