Poor boo boo

Yesterday I found a teeny tiny critter that had expired in the bushes outside my bedroom window.  I couldn’t see any wounds or damage on its tiny body. Little bit was so tiny I had to get the clip on macro lens to get that photo.

Now some of you are seeing visions of a furry someone. But this unfortunate soul was a baby black shake. 




I’m struck by the surrounding vegetation.  Grass blades and pine needles. I’m not sure how I ever spotted my minuscule neighbor amongst all this similarly sized detritus.

Unfortunately this happens every spring.  Usually they are 8 to 12 inches long. I wonder if he is ill or just wondered into a dangerous place.

There is a big black snake that is a common visitor to our bushes. I’m assuming it is a female. And the little bits mom. 

Every year mom snake sheds her skin in the same bushes under my window. When we first met momma snake when she sunned herself on the same bushes.  I think she may have two clutches in the spring. One back here under the window. Then again out front. I see bitty baby snakes both places.

Creepy crawly little bit.  (What? It’s not really warm and fuzzy) here’s hoping the siblings are doing better!
.





Comments

Popular Posts