Breakfast for dinner!

Yes! Breakfast for dinner. Specifically biscuits and gravy.  Traditional hand made biscuits light and fluffy, but cut in squares.

The sausage gravy is a different critter. Most of you know the complications of diet on my health. As a result I try to keep a corral around my carbs.  I make cream sauces with nut milks instead of  dairy. If the dish is a custard type dessert I will use the unflavored and unsweetened almond milk.  Already on the sweet side it works well. On the savory side, like sausage gravy I use the cashew milk.




Since the changes are almost weekly occurrence in my diet I try to make sure that there is more protein than anything else in every meal.

Typically I try to start my day with coffee and a scramble.  Lunch is a sammie.  Thin sliced bread with protein and lettuce .  Dinner is protein and veggies. snacks are usually whatever fruit we have in the fridge.

Because my conditions change so often this baseline can be a hopeful wish.  Still the joy of producing a delicious meal and still cover all my needs is addictive. To make it my way and have absolutely no one tell the difference is amazing. 

Comments

Popular Posts