Pancakes


I have a good pancake recipe. Not a great pancake recipe.  They just don't rise enough to be fluffy. For a while now I have been combing every food TV show that even remotely discusses pancakes.

Finally I have a recipe that was worth trying. So try it we did.





A lovely fluffy rise.  Rich vanilla flavor.  This will be my go to from now on.


Pancakes

Dry mix:

1 1/2 cups CAKE flour
3 Tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Whisk the dry ingredients until well blended.  

Wet mix: 


In another bowl whip all wet ingredients until smooth


1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
3 Tbs melted butter
1 Tbs vanilla extract

With a large wooden spoon stir the wet into the dry. Stir only until all the flour has mixed in. The batter will be lumpy. If you whip all the lumps out the pancakes will be too tough. No body wants that!

The blueberry variation:

After each pancake is poured onto the griddle sprinkle blueberries onto them. Fresh or frozen berries.

These pancakes are great!  I taped the recipe inside the cabinet door next to the stove. It is now my one and only!


Comments

Popular Posts