PIZZA!!

I found a really good recipe for pizza crust.  It turns out that the longer you rest the dough the more flavor it develops.

This is my dinner night before last.  Veggie pizza.  I like my pies best without tomato sauce.  Olive oil is my preference.  

This is my favorite veggie pie.  Onions, olives, jalapenos, bell peppers and mushrooms.    MMMMMMMMMMMM!  

Charles, The Brother, prefers his pizza crust very thin.  Almost see through.  But he agrees that this is a much tastier crust recipe.  

I refrigerated the dough for mine 12 hours before cooking and it was very good.  Charles was very late getting home from work that night so I saved his til yesterday.   Even raw you could tell there was much more flavor in his.  


The recipe said the dough could be frozen for up to 3 months.  Putting some in the freezer today.

P.S.  I freeze the pizza sauce I make for Charles in small amounts too.  I make a larger batch and freeze the leftovers in large muffin tin.  I have silicone muffin bakers so the frozen pucks of pizza sauce pop right out.  if your muffin tin is made of metal spray them with a oil based spray like Pam.  They will pop out too.

This easy recipe is as follows:

1 1/2 cup unbleached AP flour 
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 Tbs sugar 
1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
2Tbs olive oil
1 cup warm water.


Mix until a dough forms.  Turn out onto a floured surface.  Knead just until smooth.  Place dough in an oiled bowl and move to refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.  Remove from fridge while oven preheats to 475 degrees.  then build pizza as you like it.  


Happy pizza!

Comments

Popular Posts