Just catching y'all up.

For the last several months our family has had a very hard time. I have mentioned the losses to my family and friends.  At the same time  more people arrive to be friends and family. 

The care and concern brought to us either through the people of our hearts is amazing almost magical. The magic allows new people to take their own place in your life. 

Another magical difference is the World wide web.  The magic of bringing people with whom I've long lost contact, back into my life. The new personalities who have written their names on the list of besties in my heart. 

Information on the web strengthens all i have and do. I can find information on anything. In the last few months I have tried to make foods she loves but can't have. 

        keto lunch: chicken veggie soup with keto                                                garlic toast


Because she is allergic to so many foods and chemicals meals can be hard to keep intresting.  Since gluten and carbs in general were the culprits, keto diet was our hope for a some what normal diet for her. I must admit it's working well.

This isn't new information.  We have tried awkward attempts.  I just couldn't get access to enough recipes. Enough TASTY recipes. 

With the bloom of the keto craze on line not only were recipes readily available but thousands of cooks willing to taste test and adjust for the best result. All of this work available to everyone at a tap of the screen. 

My dad always told my mom to call me when there was an issue to be settled. An actors name, how much baking powder in corn bread, what's the temp is in Nova Scotia today, that kind of thing. I got a lot smarter once Google entered my life! Lol. I often could not answer a query.  My brother's and sister were much better at answering any of Dads questions than I was.  But it tickles me to know he thought I could.

Even today Mom always prefaces her questions with; your dad always said ask you. Now, she also says 'may we ask the computer?'.  

The years I have been away have been good and bad.  But I'm missing talking to y'all.  Here I come again!


Aunt Mercy out! For now,,,,

Comments

Popular Posts