Food dreams. Hungry?

I have told you often I dream in food. A lot of the time I'm just plain hungry. Hence the dream. My last few dreams have been diet related. I gone more keto recently. It was an accident...sorta. Since I have been cooking more regularly for my mom it has just gone that way. Mom has literally hundreds of sensitivities, including but not limited to, gluten, sugar, lactose and loads of medicines. Not to mention preservatives in prepackaged foods. So cooking has become an adventure to say the least. Keto has opened a whole new way to help her with a large portion of her sensitivities. The keto recipes and techniques that go with them are making life so much more freeing.
A big problem was bread. A 90 second bread recipe helped so SO much. Recently I have been dreaming of foccacia. A flat bread with olives and herbs. I will make a yeasted version too but I am making a version of the 90 second bread that reflects these flavors. I have learned to be very careful with add ins. Any extra fluid can throw the balance off. In a mushy way.
When ground and used as breading chicken nuggets have been a hit. BTW another dream. we had been using pork skins as breading. Not bad but the NSB is wonderful. Since I dreamed again of foccacia I'll get a head start and try the NSB tonight. Will post this bread and the yeasted version tomorrow. I can smell it already. Till then. . . Aunt Mercy out!

Comments

Popular Posts