Baking and thinking.

 Wanted something simple today. A recipe I could do on auto pilot.  Need to think more.


I planned a banana nut bread. Some of the batter ingredients were missing.  Not to mention the nuts.  

Ok what now.  Taking stock I had basically bananas.  Found coconut. With some batter substations we have a banana coconut cake.



Then suddenly my thoughts changed. I made a pair of friends when i was twentytwo and living with my bestie.  They have been some of my favorite people for all these years. 

Earlier this week we lost half that pair.  Earl lost his Jan.  

Earl our hearts break with yours. More than that our hearts hold all of our memories together. 

Sending you and your family all my thoughts and prayers.


Aunt mercy out.


P.S.  the cake needs more coconut flavor. And a coconut drizzle. 

Comments

Earl said…
Thanks for those kind words. Jan was one of a kind.

Popular Posts