Mid week dinner


 I cannot beleive my mom.  I ask if she wants something special for dinner. Everytime its some form of bacon and eggs. 

Tonight it was bacon and deviled eggs. Thats it. 

The squash and onions in the picture i had to insist on. Just a green veggie.

Now for clarity sake the bacon is Charles's.

Well he didn't grow the pig. He did however cure and smoke one of the best Cheshire pork bellies known to man. It wasn't smoked in a factory but on our backyard patio.

Under his experienced eye our friends and family keep him busy cranking out excellent hickory smoked bacon.

The squash I  put up for the freezer. While we have no chichens. The deviled eggs are our family style. Simple but flavorful.

Funnily enough I think that most memories of week night meals have an unusual thread. 

Us? We all are big cooks and big eaters. I'd love to hear the memories of your week night meals.

Please comment below.

Aunt Mercy out!



Comments

Popular Posts