Cooking chops


 In the last few years I have taken a back seat in the kitchen. My skills got rusty.

Mom and I cooked 2 meals yesterday.  They turned out very well. 

One of those meals was new to me.  Have you ever southern fried smoked chicken?  Oh my!

It turned out pretty well.  We had a little bit of smoked chicken left over.  I chopped the meat in nugget size.  Soak it in buttermilk then dredge in an un usual blend. Rice flour and corn starch.  

I used the spice blend from ranch dressing packet to season. 

I had forgotten how crispy this blend is.  

Served with fresh siced veggies we were very satisfied.  Dinner was much better than most first time recipes.


Lunch wlas a frittata. It doesn't sound complicated. 

However when the multitude of diet restrictions are added to this simple dish its staggering.

None of these foods are alowed.

No gluten, no sugar, no salt, no chilies, no sweet peppers, no lactose, no cabbage, no broccoli . . . And the list goes on!

But in the end we had a beautiful lunch...mine was topped with sprouts. 


The doggies always live in hopes of food droppage.


Aunt Mercy out!


Comments

Popular Posts