Yikes! That was close!


This morning I’m gonna remember as a ‘what could’ve happened’ kind a day. Unusually I slept very late today.  When I finally got up and got ready to take the dogs out I smelled a whiff of gas.  It was a small whiff.  Later I wasn’t sure I had actually sniffed it.

I asked Charles if he had smelled it.  He had been in the living room all night. He didn’t.  Quickly he suggested I report to management.  He was right of course.

I told management.  They insisted it be checked, ASAP. The maintenance supervisor and 2 men from the gas company said they didn’t smell it either.  Ok, it was my imagination!  Crazy old lady!

But they didn’t just go by that.  Thank goodness!    The gas man brought out a detector. With the detector he found a leak.  A small leak.

They told us it wasn’t enough to be dangerous to adults.  Later I wondered if our dogs might have been in danger.  They are so small.

The gas was shut down at the terminal feed to the fireplace immediately.  They rechecked the leak and found it completely gone.  We are all safe.

They also set up an appointment for the final repair.  We are safe until the repair is done.

I know it was only a very small leak.  But over time it could have gotten worse. I must tell you, I am very impressed.  Everything that was done was as quickly and efficiently as it could be done.

I want to remember this day.  And the people that made this a safe day.  I want to be thankful  every time I remember them.  Thankful to be thankful too for the 4 lives that are safe. And the danger that could have been, but wasn’t.




Aunt Mercy out!





Comments

Popular Posts